All rides conform to our ride etiquette . Most rides are no-drop – we ride to the slowest person in the group and return together – unless specifically stated in the ride description. We always help those looking to step-up a group and push their limits so that we keep the rides balanced for those that are comfortable at the published speeds. Get in touch if you want to try riding with us (the regular times and details are on the members facebook page to coordinate on a day-to-day basis and get an idea of numbers for booking that all-important café stop!)
- Wolf Cubs: beginners ride, paced to the lowest ability in that ride – builds fitness, skills and confidence.
- Novice: stepping up to riding as a tighter, disciplined group, with Novice plus increasing the pace a little.
- Progressive: working together as a ride to go a bit further and quicker, and introducing more hills. Typically 14-16mph.
- Inters: endurance and climbing rides, 16-18mph
- Veloce: faster rides 18mph+
Inspiring women to ride for fun and fitness, Breeze is the largest ever programme to get more women riding bikes in the UK. Led by women for women, Breeze relies on Breeze Champions (volunteer ride leaders, of whom there are several in VCB), to support other women on guided bike rides across the UK. Breeze empowers women to change the face of cycling for good and leave a lasting legacy in their area by a network of free bike rides, friendly support, and great people to ride with.
If this appeals as a way to build confidence up to club riding, or in its own right, we can help you get started.